How to avoid becoming a target:
- Always be aware of occupied vehicles parked outside of the credit union – especially if the vehicle has a good view of the front door, drive-thru, and ATM.
- Conceal your money when you're leaving. Don't carry it openly in envelopes, coin boxes, or bank bags.
- Lock the doors of your vehicle.
- Don't leave your money unattended in your vehicle.
- Pay attention to anyone following you as you are leaving the credit union.
What to do if you're targeted:
If you think someone's following you from the credit union, call law enforcement immediately. Let them know where you are, and drive toward your local police station or sheriff's office.